Wednesday, May 25, 2011

On a Train, On a Train, On a Train! Part I


What a wild past two weeks! I've traveled internationally, been to a Safari, taken the train to Chicago, been to the Zoo and the Museum of Science and Industry! What fun!


Know that while we were traveling, I did my best to "carry my own weight." Mommy said it was very helpful that I carried my own backpack. I felt very grown up!

So two weekends ago I took my first international trip--to Canada. Mommy thinks they let us through the border with 150 t-shirts without going inside for more questioning because the lady in the booth thought I was cute. Hey, whatever I can do to help out. Mommy was going to Waterloo, Ontario for a youth conference. Daddy and I went with her and got to play the whole weekend while Mommy worked. Daddy and I had a blast. There was a pool in our hotel so we went swimming a lot. On Saturday, Daddy and I even went on a Safari! Wow, was that amazing--even if it was pouring rain the whole time. Below are some photos of our time swimming and at the Safari.























Pool side at the Radisson.



It was wet at the Safari. But there were not many people there either--which was nice. Daddy brought the umbrella and we had our raincoats on, so we were good to go!





















We could have taken our car on the Safari, but were advised by some friends to take the tour bus as the animals could "destroy" our car. Here's me on the tour bus.

We saw a lot of elephants. In fact I even got to ride one!


















Here the elephants are on their way to the water.


At the Safari they also had a train to ride. I love trains and this was good preparation for my big Amtrak trip the next week.






















This is where Daddy and I took the elephant ride. It was fun!

Just yesterday morning Mommy and I returned from Chicago. I'm really good at saying Chicago! Oma and Opa were in Chicago for a week because Oma was judging piano students at Wheaton. They stayed at the Senior Center where Mommy's "Aunt" Helen lives. Aunt Helen is 92 years old! She's amazing and a lot of fun to be with. Look at the cool toy she had out for me to play with! I'll bet there are not too many like this. I played with this while Oma, Opa and Mommy visited with Aunt Helen.



Even more than the bunny carriage, I loved the singing canary. Every time I went over to see it, it sang to me. I tweeted back and we went back and forth for quite some time.




















Our train was scheduled to leave Rochester at 11:00 p.m. on Friday, but did not end up leaving until 1:30 a.m. EST. I stayed awake until about 10 minutes into the trip. Mommy and I slept pretty well on the train. Opa met us at the train at 12:15 p.m. on Saturday. It worked very well.

Here we are at about 1:15 a.m.!


Our first Chicago stop was at the Swedish Bakery in Andersonville. We love going there every chance we have. After a quick bite to eat we headed to Downers Grove to check into our guest room at the Senior Center. We dropped off our luggage and then headed to Wheaton to pick up Oma. Then it was back to Downers Grove to have dinner with Aunt Helen--Chicago style deep stuffed pizza!! Yum!!





















Here we are right before we ate our pizza--Mommy, Me, Oma, Aunt Helen and Opa!


I'll post photos of the zoo and the museum soon. Keep watching.


Love to all!

Jamee

No comments:

Post a Comment